Sunday, July 11, 2010

Need Inspiration?

I just discovered a site that's really lovely (thank you Marinela!) and I think it will be a great help. Monday's Child at http://childrensverse.blogspot.com/.
Check it out!  Although this work has been mis-attributed to Bernhard Oberdieck, his work is well worth checking out at: http://www.bernhard-oberdieck.com/en/home.php



The Moon and Me

We are happy, the bright- faced moon and me,
Gazing past the fluffy clouds to an ocean blue.
The sailboats rocking themselves dream the open sea.....
If you were told to go to sleep what would you do?

My calico cat purrs at the foot of my bed.
Mother hears me scribbling and calls up the stairs, "Remember what I said!"
She promised we'd ride to the white sandy beach
and pack in our basket juicy plums, cherries, and peaches for each.

4 comments:

Short Poems said...

Hi Tess
Nicely written Rispetto, loved it!
Warmly
Marinela x

signed...bkm said...

Wonderful piece and thank you for joining us at Monday's Child - "the sailboats rocking themselves" lovely image, please join us again...bkm

all rights for illustrations are given to original illustrators - image is only used for as an inspirational piece, not to be used for any other purpose (thank you, I will post that on the blog)...bkm

lissa said...

short and simple, I like the dreamlike feel in the first part

Julia Christie said...

Very nicely written! Lilting...

Smiles